Tuesday, November 5, 2013

You Have Jesus In You

 The Important Dreamy Addendum to the Nightmare:

Going to my desk to email parents during the lockdown yesterday and finding three of my students (tiny hyperactive kid, football player, and chutzpadic student who is now invested in class and whom I secretly find hilarious) curled up beneath my desk, grinning sheepishly up at me as they hide from the bad guys. Bickering only somewhat. Adorable.

Walking into my room to discover elves have been at it and I now have a projector. Pictures! Historic films! Prezis galore!

Calling a mom five minutes ago to tell her her son just scored a 91 on his Enlightenment test. 

My third block playing a tiptoe whisper game of history hangman our entire lockdown.

Playing Spanish hangman with three of my SIOP kids during lunch. L-O-S-I-E-N-T-O, Senora Miller.

My third block holding Enlightenment salon discussions and begging to show off their impersonations of Locke, Newton, and Diderot to the entire class. And today getting so into our girls-vs.-boys review game of the Enlightenment that my next door neighbor thought the kids had murdered me and were screaming “Wollstonecraft!” in celebration.

The returned Turning Point Academy student who told me, “Ms. W, you have Jesus in you.” Me: “What does that mean?” “You smile and are nice even when you’re mad.” 

Tomorrow will be even better...

No comments:

Post a Comment