Thursday, March 6, 2014

Invasion Debrief

So, to intro the Age of Exploration my classes were invaded by other classes, which stole our supplies and took our trailer over to prep us for a conversation about European thievery of native resources. Kids were pretty confused all around, and I adored their shock and righteous indignation. Afterwards, students wrote letters to the other classes. Some of the best excerpts:

Dear other class, that was not cool what you did to us. You just come in and if there was an open seat you sat in it. One of your students sat in my seat. Don’t do that again!

Yall behavior was wrong because yall interrupted my learning.

I was wondering what was going on because my teacher looked so mad but then I saw it was fake. Good job though.

Next time knock.

It should of happened at the last 10 mins of class and more turned up. But I would like to do it again sometime but more funnier I like funny suprises.

Dear other class, you should have traded with us for something equally valuable.

Please never do it again.

Your actions was wrong. But there’s a right to every wrong, at least you didn’t attack us. Next time keep hands, feet, property to yourself, and raise  your hand to speak or stand. And respect others and yourself.  Good rules!

Dear Bad People, Your actions were cruel and unpolite. Both at once!

Dear Class, Next time you want something ask nice or don’t get it at all.

If Ms. W was madder I would’ve thought it was real. Oops.

I was confused forreal forreal but I think you guys did good but could do a little more than that though.  Forreal.

It was funny when they came in the classroom. Ms. W did not know what to do.

Dear Mr. B’s class I felt like yall was just as confusing and lost as our class was.

Dear Mr. B’s class I really didn’t understand the whole concept. Uh-oh. Time to reloop.

I will like it to happen again cause it was fun. Hah!

Dear other class the things that were just wrong was that people were shocked and they took our stuff that makes me mad I want my education and I know other people do. The good thing about it is that we were able to learn something about history. Good! Some peer-teaching will be happening tomorrow.

And my personal favorite: We’re going to get you back. Just wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment