Monday, April 13, 2015

Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Bells of School

The bell rings warning.
He told me to kill myself over break.
Our house went on fire. My two-year-old cousin started it.
What is it? Mazzah? Jew-bread? Oh, a cracker!
Did you see the pictures of the new baby? Looks just like his daddy.
43 days left in the school year, Ms. W.

The bell rings first.
More than 60% of US prison inmates read at an elementary school level.
Do we have to write the question?
Just because everyone does it, doesn’t mean it should be legal.

The bell rings second.
I walked him so he'd be on time.
You always make your own choices, not your body.
Are you a student for this one? Can I be teacher?
They keep marijuana illegal to make money.
They keep marijuana illegal to put black people in jail.
Nobody should get the death penalty.

The bell rings third.
Be quiet, y’all. I mean it. 
She's waiting for you.
NINE days?!
What is validity, again?
Remind me what validity means.
So, valid is…
What’s the difference between validity and reliability?
Go ahead, answer her first, I just had a question about validity.

The bell rings fourth.
Don’t I know you? I want to know you.
Do you read your poetry in Spanish or English?
I’m sorry, my butt got in the way of the paper cutter.
His mother thinks he’s her husband, not her son. 
Sei meg ka er du redd for? במקום בו המשוררים בוכים. 

The bell rings one last time.
She said, 'I can't let it annoy me,' but then why did she erupt?
Are you playing sticks? I mean shoes?
I’ll supervise.
I, a minority male, no, a male person, no, a person, I’m proud—
You are smart and beautiful and crying. Why are you crying?
My friend isn't, anymore. Besides, I wasn't crying.

Goooodbyyyyyyye Ms. Dooooooooubleyouuuuuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment